“Any perfectly healthy that ggets bitten by the second most venomous snake in the world is expecting a rollercoaster ride,” Harrison said of the incident.
“But because 20 years ago I got bitten by one and went through 10 vials of antivenom, I now a hypersensitivity to it.
“The doctor said that if I ever do get bitten again, my body won’t accept the antivenom, so they’ve always said if I get bitten I won’t survive it, it’s more than likely I won’t survive it.
“I’ve had a few dry bites since then that scared the living daylights out of me, but this one was a good solid chomp, and he hung on for a while, and everything was wrong, and I thought this can’t be good.”
MORE FROM FLAN, ALI AND SPIDA:
Harrison then got emotional as he recounted the specifics of the incident, including how he thought he’d beaten it before the symptoms brutally kicked in, why the doctors couldn’t use antivenom to help, and whether he’ll ever stop snake catching.
It has to be heard to be believed.
The LiSTNR app is the new home of everything Triple M — grab it here!