Fire and Rescue teams have since declared the scene safe with plumbers repairing the sink drain.
According to Fire and Rescue NSW Superintendent Adam Dewberry, nurses became unwell after an “odour or a vapour that may have caused some illness or dizziness”.
The emergency department is open and receiving patients.
Subscribe to The Briefing, Australia’s fastest-growing news podcast on Listnr today. The Briefing serves up the latest news headlines and a deep dive into a topic affecting you. All in under 20 minutes.