King Charles, Princess Kate Discharged From Hospital Following Procedures
King Charles III has been discharged from a private London clinic following a “corrective procedure” for an enlarged prostate.
The 75-year-old was diagnosed with the benign condition on January 17 after experiences symptoms which have not been made public.
Stay up-to-date on the latest news with The National Briefing – keeping you in the loop with news as it hits:
He spent three nights at the London Clinic before waving to crowds as he left accompanied by his wife, Queen Consort Camilla.
King Charles will now rest for the next few weeks and will not undertake any royal duties.
“The King was this afternoon discharged from hospital following planned medical treatment and has rescheduled forthcoming public engagements to allow for a period of private recuperation,” a Palace statement said.
Meanwhile the monarch’s daughter-in-law, the Princess of Wales, had been discharged from the same clinic just a few hours earlier after undergoing abdominal surgery.
The princess underwent surgery on January 16 for an undisclosed condition, however her office has confirmed it wasn’t cancerous.
“The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided,” the palace said in a statement.
“The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world.”
Prince William has postponed all engagements to look after the couple’s three children, Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5, while Princess Kate disengages with public duties until Easter.
Subscribe to The Briefing, Australia’s fastest-growing news podcast on Listnr today. The Briefing serves up the latest news headlines and a deep dive into a topic affecting you. All in under 20 minutes.