Man Dies Following Bulldozer Rollover In Queensland
A man has died after a bulldozer rolled over a construction site in Tarong, Queensland.
The 55-year-old man was reportedly outside the bulldozer when it rolled down an embankment at around 9am on Wednesday.
It’s believed the man became trapped underneath the machinery – despite the swift response from emergency services, including Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES), Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS), and Queensland Police, the man sustained critical injuries and did not survive.
A police spokesperson says a report will be prepared for the coroner to investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident, while the Forensic Crash Unit will collaborate with Workplace Health and Safety in their inquiry.
Last week a 17-year-old individual, Tyler Whitton, sustained critical head injuries while working at a construction site on Victoria St in Brisbane’s West End. Despite medical efforts, Tyler’s life support was ultimately terminated at Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
The Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy union told The Brisbane Times Whitton’s death followed a number of concerns about the site that were voiced in a video posted to the CFMEU social media.
Stay in the loop with Queensland local news on the LiSTNR app today